• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Tabs

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboHelp Office X5. How would I get a new tab for videos to be added where the current tabs are for Index and Contents and such? I could also possibly do a video button at the top of the chm file as an alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brook21679.
I suspect that the limitations of CHM files have nothing to do with RoboHelp and everything to do with the Microsoft Help Compiler which RH uses. It limits the tabs that appear in a CHM file. As such there is no way of adding a tab although you can choose which tabs to display.
Could you get around this problem by having a series of topics - each of which conatins a single video - which is added to a book in the TOC. You could even index the topics to allow your users to find the right video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Brook21679

In addition to what Colum offered, I like the idea of using one of the Custom buttons available.

Yes, you can modify the tabs, as we see from RoboHelp, you can add a tab, but it also requires a .DLL to make it work.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp