• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash won't install – hello, Adobe, are you listening?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Yosemite 10.10.2 and cannot install Flash v.17 plug-in on my Macbook Pro. Like so many who have already posted, I get a General Installation Error and the install fails. As far as I can tell, the only solution that has been posted works in some cases, but not in all cases. That solution involves downloading the full install version, deleting old versions of the plug-in, doing a general system cleanup, restarting, and then installing the new Flash player. I do not plan to follow this process because I do not want to delete my current plug-in. I have seen posts from others who did this and now have no Flash player at all, and are unable to install even prior versions of the plug-in. Why in the world would Adobe release an update that doesn't work? Didn't Adobe think it would be a good idea to test the new version with Yosemite before releasing it? Or do they not care? The posts I have seen from Adobe staff have been completely unhelpful and even adversarial. This is inexcusable. I wish developers would adopt an alternative to Flash because this program is nothing but a memory-hogging headache, and now it won't even install. What a joke.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

I had the same problem, but when I disabled my antivirus avast, I could install

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, but when I disabled my antivirus avast, I could install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously not. People keep asking the same questions over and over, and all I see is direction back to the same "help" pages that, if they had been any help, people wouldn't have come to the forum at all. Adobe's "customer service" is even worse than AT&T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I just had another Adobe pop-up window appear on my Mac saying I need to update Flash. I figured why not give it another try, so I did and it worked this time. I have not changed anything on my computer, so it appears that Adobe has fixed the problem, whatever it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

This morning we resolved a problem that prevented Flash Player installations from completing for some of our Macintosh users.

If you encountered this problem, please delete any previously downloaded Flash Player installer and either:

1. Download the installer again from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, OR
  2. Download the stand-alone installer posted at the bottom of the http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html in the ‘Still having problems’ section.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines