• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do I do after I've done everything suggested?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Player 16 on my MacBook Air. I have tried and tried to download the update, but I have failed every time.  I've read the entire forum, and I've tried all the help suggestions.  My preferences are okay.  My virus software should allow this (it allowed Adobe Flash Player 16).  And I'm stumped.  Help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Hello,

This morning we resolved a problem that prevented Flash Player installations from completing for some of our Macintosh users.

If you encountered this problem, please delete any previously downloaded Flash Player installer and either:

Download the installer again from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, OR

Download the stand-alone installer posted at the bottom of the http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html in the ‘Still having problems’ section.

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This morning we resolved a problem that prevented Flash Player installations from completing for some of our Macintosh users.

If you encountered this problem, please delete any previously downloaded Flash Player installer and either:

Download the installer again from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, OR

Download the stand-alone installer posted at the bottom of the http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html in the ‘Still having problems’ section.

If the behaviour reproduces, please clear the browser's cache and try downloading again.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not correct the problem; it continues.  Please be honest with us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you clear the browser cache and try downloading again? If so, what is the file name of the downloaded installer file?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did clear all the stuff in the browser and tried to dowload Adobe again. It did not accept my password. It was for flashplayer osx.dmg.

This is very confusing and need you to explain things a bit for me. Thanks for trying to help. what’s next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

The password being requested, by the OS, is your Mac Admin password. Please see What userid & password do I need to install Flash Player?.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still stuck with 0% downloading - after many minutes of waiting.  Yes, I cleaned out all the previous downloads.  So, I'm still stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cynthia,

Can you please post a screenshot of the behaviour being observed. Please see How to post a screenshot in the forum

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did asyou suggested and it finally did download. Thanks, paul Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind - it finally did download.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club.  The same thing happened to me.  I spent 75 minutes on the phone with Applecare, but they were no help at all.  Adobe is not responding to appeals for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines