• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player unresponsive with Firefox 36.0.4 (lastest veersion)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest version of flash player and many other old versions on firefox, however everytime I open a page with flash content (e.g youtube video, twitch.tv) the cursor starts blinking with the busy circle and firefox becomes unresponsive until I close the tab with the flash content. Weirdly, youtube videos play even if the flash plugin is disabled and i can temporarily fix it by just re installing Flash player again but the problem comes back again when i turn off the computer and start windows again so i have to reinstall Flash player everytime i turn on the computer

It's only a Firefox thing, i tried using IE and there is no problem and everything is fine. I tried installing Firefox from scratch, uninstalling Flash Shockwave and Adobe AIR, run antispywares and tried old versions of the Flashplayer but still no permanent fix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Thanks for the concern and the attention but i finally got it fixed with this How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player? and a reset bat reset_fp.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flashing cursor thing is super weird.  I was a little confused about your description -- did it just start with 17.0.0.134, or did you see these symptoms with older players as well?

Try temporarily disabling hardware acceleration here.  I'm just guessing, but it seems like a good first try.

Video playback issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the concern and the attention but i finally got it fixed with this How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player? and a reset bat reset_fp.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet, that's great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines