• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac crashes when ADE tries to open an ebook

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - I'm running a Macbook Pro with OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.  I have downloaded and installed ADE 4.0 but every time I try to open an e book it crashes.  Any suggestions? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE crash in opening a specific book or with any book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - it's with any book - so far i have not been able to open any book at all.  It's the act of clicking on the book that seems to cause the crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the crash log if possible.

You can directly copy paste the log in this forum thread.

I hope you are using ADE 4.0.3.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - it is too huge to save here - here are the first lines, if that's any help....

Process:               Adobe Digital Editions [2255]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Digital Editions

Identifier:            com.adobe.adobedigitaleditions.app

Version:               4.0.3 (1)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Digital Editions [2255]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2015-03-25 14:03:55.193 -0400

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.2 (14C1514)

Report Version:        11

Anonymous UUID:        90A183F5-2ADF-6D91-2425-19719DC8400C

Sleep/Wake UUID:       579206C6-6B0E-4C50-9DFE-40DD5164F1C6

Time Awake Since Boot: 59000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       13000 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:

-->

__TEXT                 0000000101332000-0000000101b9e000 [ 8624K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Digital Editions

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   com.adobe.adobedigitaleditions.app 0x00000001015c83a9 DRMDecryptor::MakeFilterContext(std::__1::shared_ptr<ePub3::ManifestItem const>) const + 355

1   ePub3.dylib                   0x0000000102616ebb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.114137

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Some of the crashes have been fixed in this release.

Thanks for being the part in product improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on my macbook. It is making me crazy. It's any book at all...I check it out from the library, and then when I try to open it in ADE, it crashes, over and over again.

Aaargh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, that's it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you try to relaunch ADE after crash, it tries open in the previous state before crash and it will end up in crashing again.

Can you please try below steps:

1. Quit ADE
  2. Take backup of the "My Digital Editions" folder in "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\" (for Windows) or "\Documents\" (for Mac)
  3. Delete the My Digital Editions folder.
  4. Launch ADE
  5. Now add the books one by one from the backup to the newly created folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the reinstalling, moving and renaming the folder and re-adding the library books and this still happens.  Is it a Yosemite issue or an ADE issue?  Library books worked just fine a few weeks ago, now it seems none of them do.  Sometimes it downloads them as 0 of 0 pages, and sometimes a normal looking amount, but either way it crashes just when trying to open the file to read, or even when trying to move the file to the Nook.  The library folks seem to think it's not an issue with their files. I have been able to work around this by getting the Kindle editions which bypass ADE all together.  Is this going to be the solution, just to stop using it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get things to work again by throwing away ADE 4.0 (in the applications folder) re-naming the Digital Editions folder, downloading and installing ADE 3.0 and then importing the books from the renamed folder.  New downloads from the library seem to work now, and no more crashes.  I have successfully put everything back on the Nook and have also reported this to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines