Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

command line build problem

Jul 26, 2007 Jul 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large help project I'm migrating to RoboHelp 6 (nearly 3000 topics, 12 chms plus a master file). We generate using a script that calls the command-line option. One of the projects fails during command line processing, even though I can build it from within the GUI without fail. When I run the command line command, this is the message that is returned:

"D:\quartus\robohelp\subs\reference>"d:\Adobe\RoboHelp 6.0\RoboHTML\RHCL.exe" reference.xpj
Adobe (R) RoboHelp Project Command Line Compiler version 6.00.099
Copyright (C) 2006 Adobe Macromedia Software LLC. All rights reserved.

Project: D:\quartus\robohelp\subs\reference\reference.xpj
Layout: Microsoft HTML Help.
Output: D:\quartus\robohelp\reference.chm.

Scanning project for compilation....
Error: Failed to scan all the project files. Please use RoboHelp to recover the project.
Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare single source data for RHCL. Please try to compile it in RoboHTML."

If I open the project in the GUI and compile it, then compile from the command line, it works fine. But if I clear the directory, run the NGCMD.exe command and get the files out and run the RHCL.exe, I get the same error message.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too, can anyonoe here help us with it.

Hi TheMarcus7, have you already figure this out?

AG2MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2007 Nov 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you generate each CHM separately from the command line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Finally I figured out this problem.

It is because one .fpj file missing in the image folder.

When I was using X5, there is no image.fpj in the image folder, but after upgrading to RH6, using the command line compiler will fail if there is no the .fpj file under the image folder.

Checking in the image.fpj to the server, then check it out to your build machine, everything is OK now.

AG2MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp