• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

testing of software simulation application

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2007 Nov 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we run the Adobe Captivate 3 for testing of the software simulation application, we have encountered problems in captivating our program built with Power Builder and accessing Sybase adaptive database server whose memory usage footprint is 21KB. While recording the program, it hangs-up without giving us an error message.
Likewise, as we check the systems properties, it contains Service Pack 2 and 1GB memory.
We hope that you could assist us.
Thank you very much.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there and welcome to the Adobe Captivate Community! It would be useful to learn how you are capturing your application. If for example you are attempting to capture using the Full Screen option then I would suggest trying to capture using either the Application or Custom Size options. If your problems persist then you might want to submit a bug report using the Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form

HTH

Regards,
Markl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaz_0124@yahoo.com and I too welcome to our community

In addition to what my fellow Adobe Community Expert Mark has offered, you might find something of value in the following Technical Note.

Click here to read the Technical Note.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark and Rick...

We've tried the instruction given at the Technical note. Unfortunately, the power builder application continues to freeze while recording with Adobe Captivate 3.

Is there other way to solve our problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

The only other option I can think of would be install Captivate on a second workstation and then use a screen sharing tool such as Real VNC to access the machine that your PowerBuilder software is installed on.

I know that this adds a new level of complexity but this might be the only way you can get around this issue. As I mentioned in a preview post I would also recommend that you report this as a bug so that if reproducible it can be fixed in the next version.

Regards - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

We've tried to access the power builder software from another workstation using remote desktop connection and it works.

Thanks so much for your help.

more power... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am delighted to hear that this worked. It is funny how sometimes resorting to screen capturing techniques I had to employ 12 years ago due to technological limitations are still applicable today.

Warm regards,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources