• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8: Cluster session-based ColdFusion Components

Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using CF8:

• Is it possible to store ColdFusion components in the session scope when using clustering and session failover?
  • Is it possible to replicate their state across a ColdFusion MX cluster?

I remember that with cf6 and cf7 it wasn't possible ( http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/j2ee/articles/endtoend.html). I think that the CFC serialization is the answer: but I'm not sure.

thanks in advance

--
    federico
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that CF8 supports CFC serialization now, which implies that CFCs stored in session should successfully replicate across cluster nodes.

Unfortunately I've not yet had the opportunity to test this theory myself (we're still on CF7), but it's a feature we're eagerly looking forward to testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Grizzly9279
My understanding is that CF8 supports CFC serialization now, which implies that CFCs stored in session should successfully replicate across cluster nodes.

yes! Finally it's possible!

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=clustering_6.html

--
federico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Woohoo!, it's about time! :)

Our application uses session-based CFCs quite heavily...so this is a big plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation