• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Draw WON'T "Send to Illustrator"

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what the cause of this problem is, but as mentioned in the subject,

when I tap "Send to Illustrator" on my iPad, it works. It sends the project to my

copy of Illustrator on my Mac. The problem is it shows up as a blank canvas and it

has no layers, simply 1 blank layer.

I have tried

• restarting Creative Cloud on my Mac
  • restarting my Mac
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Draw app on my iPad
  • Updating Illustrator

Yet, when I "Send to Photoshop" it works just fine.

The problem is i need to work with vectors in Ai instead of one flat image in Ps.

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Hi Rachelle,

Frank said he walked through this with you and you're good to go. Let us know if you have any more trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another issue started on this as well. They have not responded with a fix. Looks like one work around has been to delete the image from your image layer. But if that image is essential to your project, then there has not been a fix posted yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new bug in our latest release, and we apologize for not catching it before it went out. We are putting together a patch to address the issue. The only workaround at this point is to delete the photo and then send to Illustrator again.

Thank you,

Frank

Draw Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the assistance sir. it's reassuring to know Adobe is aware of the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it fixed yet?

My client project files are stuck in Adobe Draw and i can't bring the vector file to Ai!! I thought this is the main purpose of this app and if it can't work whats the point? What is this folder named "Mobile Creations" which saves the Adobe Draw files in it but this folder is not visible in the Library panel, and when you go to file manager in creative cloud assets online, there is no option to download the vector file. At least if there is an option or a way to download this vector file and open it manually in Ai would be a solution for now. So much for the wireless technology and mobile revolution, all i know is i need to get my work done on time. I don't wanna waste my time trying to get this sync thing to work, please provide a way to download and open the vector file in Adobe Illustrator for now. It would help.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked after i deleted the Image Layer in Adobe Draw!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Draw 2.0.1 is now available on the App Store and contains the fix for the bug that prevented sending to Illustrator when you have a photo present in your Photo Layer.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already updated and still not working for me, even if I delete the photo or if I don't have any at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are still having trouble with "Send to Illustrator" or "Send to Photoshop", please check the following:

- You have the latest version of Adobe Draw 2.0.1, Photoshop CC, and Illustrator CC. ( The send to Illustrator feature will not work with Illustrator CS6 or previous versions)

- You have the Adobe Creative Cloud application running on your desktop and signed into the same Adobe ID account as Draw . Try quitting and relaunching that application if problems persist.

- You are signed into the same Adobe ID account on both Draw and on your desktop apps, Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC. Try signing out and signing back in on both the mobile device and desktop.

Hope this helps,

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well. My problem is that I have CS6 at home. I have CC for photographers and use illustrator infrequently at home and do not need to upgrade. However, my iPad is logged into my personal CC account and I've done illustrations for work. I'd like to send them to my work CC account where I have and need Adobe Illustrator CC.

But I can't share a project or drawings between my CC accounts to get my files from my iPad to my work computer.

I used to do this all the time with Ideas and had no hassles and now with this setup, it's really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your access abilities at work, you can log in with your personal account at work, grab the illustrations via CC, then log back out of your account.

As long as you've migrated the project or settings to the desktop, you no longer have to be logged in with your personal account.

I do this often when trying to grab my personal settings / preferences at work.

Alternatively, if you're on CCTeams at work - ask your friendly neighborhood IT or SysAdmin to issue you one of the licenses (specifically the one tied to your computer station).  You can toggle to that one on your iPad when you do your "work" work, then back to your personal account for your own art.

I actually think this is a better way to go. 

If you're on CC Teams at work, there's no reason why you can't log in and do some CC work remotely from home too. Teams rocks - plus you can share your illustration with other people in your team easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I login with my personal account at work, it still won't give me access to Illustrator CC since it would "deauthorize CC" when I log out from my CC Team account at work. And then when I login with my personal account, It wouldn't let me use CC because I do not have CC attached to my personal CC account (Photographer package).

Or Am I not following this.

I may just give it a shot before I leave today and see if I can work it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lemme know how it goes.  I'm working with a vendor who has a closed network right now, so there's no way to check CCTeams.  I have another client who is really supportive of anyone who can come up with new ways to use CC Teams more effectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ Hi Frank,

I am also not able to send my drawings from Adobe Draw on my iPad Air to Adobe Illustrator on my MacBook Air.  I have deleted the app and reinstall it. I haved checked my sync setting. I have signed in and out of Adobe Creative Cloud. I have closed out Adobe Illustrator on my laptop and re-opened it.  My drawing is from scratch without a photo later to delete,  as was suggested to another user.  It is saving in my assets library, but it places as a PNG or JPEG in Illustrator and not a vector.  It is my understanding, from watching tutorials, that once I send it from my iPad to Illustrator, it automatically opens a new file as a vector image. (Illustrator is open when I attempt my sync)

Help!

Yours,

Rachelle Sher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachelle,

Sorry to hear about these issues. Could you let me know what version of Draw and Illustrator you have installed? (To find the Draw version, tap the Draw icon in the top left corner of the main app screen and choose "About Draw". To find the Illustrator version, choose Illustrator>About Illustrator from the menu.)

Also, if you're comfortable sharing your work, could you share the Illustrator .ai file that you get with the PNG or JPEG placed? You can message me directly.

Thanks,

Frank

Draw Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Frank,

May I reply to your email in order to email you directly or is there another link?  BTW  Draw is version 3.2; AI is 19.2.1

Rachelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this while I wait to hear back from you, Frank. Draw is 3.2 and AI is 19.2.1

Attached is a little drawing I did in Draw to sync as a vector in AI . . I place it as a PNG from CC . . .

Thank you for any help you can give me! I am fairly new to this, but I am user friendly with cloud storage, finding answers etc and this has me stumped stumped stumped!

Rachelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i'm so embarrassed Frank. I forgot I can go right into my assets and copy the link to you. I'm going to do that now.

Embarrassingly yours,

Rachelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are replying to a public forum, not a private email conversation. Be careful what you share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DF.

I wasn't even thinking about the link.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rachelle,

I'm going to pull this link from your post and send it to Frank.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Ciao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachelle,

Frank said he walked through this with you and you're good to go. Let us know if you have any more trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

Ciao!

Rachelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having this problem.

1. Logged out & signed back in on everything.
  2. Closed the app on everything.
  3. Deleted the photo layer.

Nothing is working and I'm desperate to get this resolved as soon as possible. Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines