• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the language of the installer (Mac)?

Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am located in Denmark, and every time I try to install the Flash Player or update it, the installer is in Japanese. As far as I can see, there is no option to change the language.

I guess if there is no option to change language, the installer chooses the language based on OS language or computer location, but then why the heck does it choose japanese!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

@hans-g.,

Please do not recommend any site other than Adobe.com to download Flash Player.  Adobe.com is the only official site to download Flash Player.  Other sites are not authorized to host Flash Player and often host malicious installers, resulting in users unwittingly installing malware and viruses.  Furthermore, the first site you posted is being blocked by the Adobe IT department which means it is most likely a malicious sites.  I have removed this link from your post and forwarded it to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

in my WIN (sorry) CC Apps I can check my Creative Cloud Application Preferences there:

ccSprache.JPG

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I only have the Flash Player installed, I do not have the option to use CC. In most installers, the default language is english and/or you have an obvious option to change it. All I get is this

Skærmbillede 2015-03-26 kl. 11.49.32.png

It makes no sense at all. Why would they not give you an option to change the language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mn,

---------- I deleted my proposal because of misunderstanding ----------

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hans-g.,

Please do not recommend any site other than Adobe.com to download Flash Player.  Adobe.com is the only official site to download Flash Player.  Other sites are not authorized to host Flash Player and often host malicious installers, resulting in users unwittingly installing malware and viruses.  Furthermore, the first site you posted is being blocked by the Adobe IT department which means it is most likely a malicious sites.  I have removed this link from your post and forwarded it to the department that deal with this sort of thing.

@mnsdk

The Flash Player installer uses the OS language to display the text in the installer.  The CC Preferences, recommended by hans-g. won't work for you as Flash Player is not integrated, nor is it included, with CC.

Please go to System Preferences > Language & Region.  If Japanese is listed at the top of the 'Language' list this is why Flash Player is displaying in Japanese.  If it's not listed at the top, we'll need to investigate further.  Please post a screenshot of the Languages & Region window using the instructions here How to post a screenshot in the forum.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

thanks for your clarification. To explain why I recommended this place, was that I for myself had some problems to find Adobe's Danish download adress.

If I want to download Adobe's programs, my Adobe always starts in the language I used on my last stay.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danish is at the top, Japanese second and English third.

Skærmbillede 2015-03-26 kl. 22.14.03.png

I guess, that if the installer does not support Danish, it would choose the second language in line, which in this case is Japanese.

I tried changing the order, and that fixed the issue. To both of you, thank you for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is the behaviour.  If the preferred language is not supported, then it'll go down the list until it finds a supported language.  If only the unsupported language is listed, then it'll display in English.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mn,

please give me feedback about your (successful?) approach.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hans,

I'm verifying if the download pages displays in Danish, and hope to have an answer tomorrow from the folks who handle the download page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines