• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12 after Prior Success using Digital Editions. I've tried everything the forums recommend already.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12 even though I've had success many many times on my mac. I've updated, uninstalled and reinstalled, unauthorized and reauthorized both the nook at the Digital Editions. What else can I do to read my library book? Through overdrive I can read the download on my phone, so there is no problem there. Why can't I read it on my computer???? I don't understand why this just started happening after many uses. I even tried clearing out Every single associated file... nothing...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

I was able to figure it out using the help of another user who helped me REALLY deauthorize and then reauthorize my ADE. It worked, and my library books are back on ADE, AND I can reauthorize Nook properly (I was getting an error)!! The following is by a Staff Member Dominic Michael

"Please try the below steps (read the note section before clearing the registry):

Mac:

1. Deauthorize ADE. To do so, navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to figure it out using the help of another user who helped me REALLY deauthorize and then reauthorize my ADE. It worked, and my library books are back on ADE, AND I can reauthorize Nook properly (I was getting an error)!! The following is by a Staff Member Dominic Michael

"Please try the below steps (read the note section before clearing the registry):

Mac:

1. Deauthorize ADE. To do so, navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to trash.
  2. Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

1. Click Start > Run.
  2. Type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  3. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  4. Right-click the Adept key and click Delete.
  5. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog box, click OK. ADE is deauthorized now.
  6. Authorize ADE again.

Note:

Deleting the registry will deactivate all ADE authorization credentials on this computer. You will then be able to open eBooks on this computer only if you know your authorization credentials. Also you will not be able to open books that are fulfilled using anonymous accounts (authorized computers without an ID)."

THANK YOU Dominic Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that procees but de ADE was still autorised!!!

I"m not able to de-autorise ADE

Tanks for help

André

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wenn ich ein Buch ins ADE 4.5. laden will kommt die Fehlermeldung: E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

Aber leider kann ich meine Authorisierung nicht löschen. Seit einem Jahr steht immer wieder: versuchen sie es später!?? Was kann ich tun. (Mac user)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Finally, this works. (De-authorising in Adobe Digital Editions itself did not work.) thanks 1 million!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines