• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert > HTML Help Controls > Table of Contents. What does this do?

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how I use this function? I have a large number of smaller topics that I want to link into a single topic, similar to a TOC in a Word dcument that user's can click on to go to but don't want to have to create these links manually. Then if the names or the links get updated I can just run some kind of TOC to automatically update.  Is there an automated way of doing this? I see this function above in the Insert menu and I see it puts in a Contents object but where and how does it pull headers in from?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Geoff Thomson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Hi Geoff

This function allows you to insert a small window into a topic that presents a Table of Contents (HHC file) that you have created.

I'm doubtful that this is what you are after to accomplish what you stated. I'm not sure it would work.

I'm wondering why a Related Topics or See Also control wouldn't work here?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoff

This function allows you to insert a small window into a topic that presents a Table of Contents (HHC file) that you have created.

I'm doubtful that this is what you are after to accomplish what you stated. I'm not sure it would work.

I'm wondering why a Related Topics or See Also control wouldn't work here?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I ended up figuring out what it did and though interesting, was not what i was looking for as you mentioned. What I was hoping to do was create something similar to a TOC but instead of using headings, I could select a number of topics from within a folder and my TOC would generate based on the topic titles of the files in the folder.

I will explore the Related Topics and See also options.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp