• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with hyperlinks

Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All!

I've created a new Help project, with a few new topics. When I tried to link one topic to another, I get a "This action will create an external link to the help system..." message. I already have two Help projects, and in both of these I've been able to create hyperlinks to other topics without getting this message. Besides, when I proceeded to create the link after getting this message, it doesn't work.

Was gibt?

Thanks,
Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you doing to create the link? It should be just as easy as typing in some text in one topic such as "see topic x", highlighting the text, clicking the Insert Hyperlink button, and using the Select Destination drop down arrow to select the appropriate folder and topic. Then click OK and the link should be created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tripwire45,

Yes, it should be just that easy; that's how I usually do it. But now, something seems to be a little haywire.

However, I consulted my trusty Version X4 manual and tried the drag-and-drop method it describes, and that worked okay.

lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad you got it sorted, Lon...or at least found a usable workaround.

-Trip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp