• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording in Proprietary Software

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to do some recording of program training for a Meditech Magic product that our facility uses. However, Captivate is not capturing the information the same as it does when I would record a windows based product. Is there something that I need to do differently or a method to capture movement in the system and return demo for training purposes. Thanks for any help on this.

Deb
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Deb,

I have to capture screens from lots of proprietary software. My recommendation would be to install Adobe Captivate on a separate machine and then use a screen sharing program to capture screen action from the computer that the Meditech software is installed on.

HTH

Regards,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Deb

If for some reason what my fellow Adobe Community Expert Mark suggested fails to work or otherwise can't be implemented, you might try simply pressing the Print Screen key to force capturing the screens if Captivate isn't recognizing when it should capture screens. As for mouse movement, don't sweat that. You can easily add it after the recording is complete. Mouse is simply an attribute of the slide and it doesn't need to be recorded in order to have it there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources