Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send variables through mutilple cfm pages

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am trying to send data from one cfm page to other..I used scopes but still didn't succeed

Please help

Thanks and Regards

Vikrantraje

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what sort of data you want to send the easiest way to send from 1 page to another is using the URL scope.

So in your URL you would have something like: http://www.domain.com/page.cfm?data=12345

Then on the page you sent it to you reference "url.data". For example <cfoutput>#url.data#</cfoutput> would produce 12345

If you have tried a method you are looking to use, post some code for people to look at and help you with the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to use URL scope.

I could like to set it in request scope just like we do it in servlet request.setAttribute("var","value");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vars in request scope will go away at end of request.  They will not be available to another request. 

Can you give more detail on what you are trying to do?  What do you mean by one cfm to another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its a simple login application

1)first i go to index.cfm page where i enter details.

2)It goes to login.cfm where i have written function calls to components(components are in separate cfc file ).

3) After authentication i will redirect him to index.cfm where i want to display success/failure message i.e set variable in login.cfm and display it on index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation