• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem to authorize a android device (Adobe DRM)

New Here ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I´ve checked and double checked my adobe id, but when i tried to authorize my device to Adobe DRM it´s says that authorization failed.

I´m using the lastest premium version of aldiko for my android (froyo) wich is listed in supported devices by adobe.

My device is a Point-Of-View Mobbi Tablet.

Can you help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a difference between the operating software and the device. While a

version of android software is supported by ADE, your device is not on the

list. (Here is the URL:

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices ). The only

aldiko device listed is the 'aldiko book reader'.

I'd go to the tablet's website and see if they have a FAQ about ebook reader

software. You might be able to use Bluefire or Overdrive.

Sorry!

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is supported.

I found out the problem.

My hardware date was wrong, so the authorization of my device failed.

I rooted my device and fixed the date and now it´s working.

Thanks.

[]'s

Mário Cardia

Em 15 de maio de 2011 12:36, Frustrated in AZ <forums@adobe.com> escreveu:

There's a difference between the operating software and the device. While

a

version of android software is supported by ADE, your device is not on the

list. (Here is the URL:

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices ). The only

aldiko device listed is the 'aldiko book reader'.

>

I'd go to the tablet's website and see if they have a FAQ about ebook

reader

software. You might be able to use Bluefire or Overdrive.

>

Sorry!

>

==============

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a similar problem on my HTC with Alkido, searched forums etc and couldnet get anything to work despite multiple usernames and email accounts etc. Finally solved this by opening the time/date settings and turning off the automatic "get time/date from network" checkbox. didnt change the time at all just unchecked the use auto checkbox and then went through Alkido's Abode DRM login. and it worked!

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful.  Me:  Samsung Note 10.1 Android 4.1.2 Alkido...Adobe DRM failed to auth

Time zone setting was wrong.  Set to Arizona.  Viola! Works!!  Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep - uncheck auto time zone - no need for restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is a problem with the date (time zone) settings on the device. Thanks, Mario, for the suggestion. I also saw something about this on another forum about this problem. Here's my story, and I hope it will help others.

I have a rooted Nook Color, which I bought and set up where I live, in Dallas, TX. I already have Adobe Digital on my PC and Laptop and have a registered account. I bought an ebook while visiting Seattle, WA. I downloaded the book on my laptop without any problem and opened it in Adobe Digital Editions. I then copied the pdf file to an sdcard to place in my Nook. On the Nook, I had installed Aldiko for Android. When I tried to open the pdf in that software, it took me to a page to register the device. I entered my ID and password and kept getting the "failed to authorize" error. I could not understand why. I also tried to register a new account with a different email. Same error. I then looked online for help. Oddly, the comments section on the Aldiko support site for this problem is closed. Read a few Android forums as well. Then came here. After reading Mario's comment, I changed the time zone from what it was set on for home (Central time) to where I was at the moment (Pacific) and rebooted the Nook. When I went to register this time, it worked fine, and I could import and open the book pdf file on my device. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines