• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The installer hangs up or loops, what now?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player says it is ready to down load a new version.  I clicked on download.  The installer hangs up or loops, never asking to save or run.  There is now no version of Flash player on the machine.  Am running Windows 7, internet explorer, 64 bit Acer laptop.  Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Restart your computer to stop any Adobe process that is running.

2. Click on the following Adobe link. Go to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link that is for Internet Explorer.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

If this works you might want to save the link as a Favorite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy, I have tried that several times. Did everything except mess with the registry. No success. Sorry. But thanks for the try.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

This is the only other info I have:   Common problems

You might want to try searching the forum using something like "Windows 7 flash player hangs".

If you cannot find a solution on the above link, post back to this forum during the week when the Adobe staff people are here.

Good luck,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one more link you can look at :

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no log file, the installer starts with the initializing step, then goes into “if you have trouble”.... It is hung at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines