• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to uninstall flash player debugger from Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the debug version of Flash Player to do some development work. I would now like to uninstall the developers version and revert back to the standard version. How?

I am running Windows 8.1 x64 with IE 11.

My system shows "You have version 14,0,0,176 installed" from the Flash Player page.

I have used the following link to uninstall both manually and with the download program. When doing the manual version I search the C drive and unregistered about five different copies of both 32 and 64 bit version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flex/kb/uninstalling-flash-player-debugger.html

I have tried installing from the following link but it says the update does not apply to my system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html#main-pars_header_0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Hi,

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Wndows 8.x/10, the standalone uninstaller does not work to remove the ActiveX control on Windows 8.x/10 (it does uninstall the NPAPI and PPAPI plugins.)  Instructions for uninstalling the debugger on Windows 8.x are posted at Adobe Flash Player - Downloads which is the same page that contains the links for the Windows 8.x debugger installers.  Instructions for uninstalling are directly below the links for the debuggers.

Since Microsof

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Wndows 8.x/10, the standalone uninstaller does not work to remove the ActiveX control on Windows 8.x/10 (it does uninstall the NPAPI and PPAPI plugins.)  Instructions for uninstalling the debugger on Windows 8.x are posted at Adobe Flash Player - Downloads which is the same page that contains the links for the Windows 8.x debugger installers.  Instructions for uninstalling are directly below the links for the debuggers.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player on Windows 8.x/10 they lock the files to prevent users from uninstalling it as it is an integrated component of IE.  Since you have manually unregistered ActiveX components you may have performed irreparable damage to the file system, which is beyond the scope of this Flash Player installer forums.  This could by why you're getting the message that the update does not apply to you, however, that's difficult to ascertain at this point.  I'd start with running Windows Update and see if it includes an update for "Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.x".  If it's not there you may need to install other updates before the "Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.x" update shows up.  If it doesn't show up at all you'll need to contact Microsoft for their assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much for following direction

Anyways I had no clue what the KB number was when I installed it a year or more ago but just entering flash in the search box for installed updates found it quickly.

After uninstalling the update and rebooting the version was "11,8,800,175", doing the windows update set it to "17,0,0,134".  So perfect, thanks for the help.

Now I can use my browser again without 4 zillion error because people can't seem to write flash code without them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue and install the latest versions. Seems unregistering the controls didn't result in an irreparable situation for you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines