Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to open topics on other books

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2007 Nov 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I created 3 books in robohelp htmlhelp (webhelp), in each book there are 3 topics. After compiling I want to open the third book to look into the topics, but clicking on the third book nothing happens. I discovered that I have to open the first book first and then I am able to open the third book.
I created the same situation but now with flash help. In flashhelp everything works, so it seems that this problem is only related to webhelp.

can anyone shed some light into this issue?

mcteam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2007 Nov 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume all the books are at the same TOC level? Does this problem occur if you open the compiled help as well as the published output? If so, try deleting/readding the book and see if that gets rid of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Just gave it another try. The error occurs after publishing the project, but when working on the project and you view the primary layout, it is working well.
So, to answer your questions, all books are on the same level. It happens on the published output but not when using "view primary layout".

Could this problem be related to the trial version of RH?

mcteam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ?

What version of Robohelp are you using? I'm guessing the trial of RH7?

Where are you publishing the project to?
What browser is being used to view the project on your production PC and the published version? Different browsers? Different versions?

Any chance you can post the content/code of the offending TOC file. Open it up in notepad and Cut and Paste the text into your message.

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Didn't see you there Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the tips. I am using RH 7 trial version. It seems that you are right about the browsers, when viewing the primary output, it starts up internet explorer. When opening the webhelp via firefox, the error occurs.
Is there any solution to overcome this?

mcteam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the publish process has come unstuck a little here. Try deleting all the files from the publish location and then recompile with the "Republish all" option checked. If that fails, try manually copying the output to the publish location. Come back and tell us what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McTeam,

Run a search on the forum for firefox and you'll get a few pointers.
For example, http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=452&threadid=1309083&h...

"As it happens, I got a tip to try optimizing the output for Local PC versus Internet, and that solved the issue! 🙂 Thanks again for looking into this for me!"

Good luck and shout if you cannot resolve the issue.
thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the pointer, but I couldn't find a suitable solution for my issue.
Will continue will the trial and set my findings against other HATs.

thanks for the support

mcteam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp