• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag object won't drop in Presenter

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a drag and drop quiz component from within Flash 8, my swf file works correctly in ppt but not in Presenter. Once compiled the object will drag but will not drop using Presenter 6.0. Using Flash 8 professional and Flash 8 player. Does anyone know the action script code for flash that functions in Presenter to allow an object to drop?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
bigwave,

I was cruising through some old posts looking for some info on a totally different topic, and I came across your initial question from months ago...I'm sending a PM, but for the benefit of others who may have been attempting to use Flash's built-in learning components and importing into Powerpoint, I thought I share the following:

(taken from a previous post)

As you have no doubt already realized, using the Learning Interaction templates that are available in Flash MX / MX2004 and 8 will not work at all in Presenter content.

The coding methods conflict while playing back within the Breeze environment and I think it has to do with the _dropTarget property as part of the interaction's codebase. The _dropTarget method is NOT supported in Breeze, but the hitTest() method IS!

I have written a few drag and drop exercises that do work within Breeze content, and you have to use the hitTest() method to accomplish it.

As you already have discovered, the bottom line is that the learning components were intended to be "stand alone" objects that could be incorporated into a web page (or even a CD as these objects are nothing more than swf files). Aside from the fact that the prebuilt/preconfigured learning objects in flash don't always work in Breeze, in my mind, the bigger question here is the ability (or more accurately) the inability to connect these SCO's to an LMS for tracking. As stand alone objects, they're actually pretty handy...but not in Breeze.

I realize this doesn't help much with what you're trying to do, but from my perspective, you're better off creating your own drag n' drops.

I've got a bunch of examples to share if you'd like to take a look...just send me a PM or email if you're interested.

Rob
robva65@netscape.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources