Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7, Perforce, and working offline

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.

I've just revised a number of Help pages using RH7. These pages originally were in RH5. I access and update my files via the Perforce configuration management system.

For technical reasons, I've had to work offline. Now it's time to sync up my workspace with the depot. I've only worked on about eight files or so, but I'm concerned that a great many files were actually updated behind the scenes as a result of porting the project over from RH5 to RH7.

Here's my question:

I'm new to RH, and I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the myriad file extensions in the application. I'm using RH7 HTML, and my output is an .htm file. Would anyone know if I can just diff the files I've actually "worked" on (i.e. the actual HTML pages), or are there other files -- fpj files, project files, SSL files, HHK files, IGN files, PPF files, SYN files (you get the idea) -- that I must diff and mark for edit using Perforce?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upgraded while away from the office, every topic got updated as RH7 rewrites the code. Plus a whole bunch of RH files get updated. I would not consider mixing and matching the files. Archive the old office project and put your local updated version on the office PC.

I am not familiar with using Perforce. If that is going to force you to compare files, you should consider something like Beyond Compare.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You'd be better off creating an entirely new folder in source control for the RH7 project.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp