• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-generating WebHelp?

Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to re-generate a WebHelp project using just the output files? If so, HOW?

Thank you!
Danni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danni

See if the link below helps.

Click Here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock, Rick! Thank you so much. This will be a small nightmare on my part, but now that I know it's do-able, this makes it all worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

I would try VERY hard to find the source files, assuming lost files is the reason you want to do this.

If not, then this link will help you.

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/062004.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I wish I had the source files, but I recently got laid off at my job, and my former boss was not cooperating in giving me my help files (for my portfolio), so I had to resort to using the output files that I had. Luckily, I don't need every single file in this help file; just a few good topics to use as writing samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danni - sorry to hear about the layoff. Lesson learned, huh? Burn a CD of the entire environment every month or so for your own personal archives. If anyone questions it, tell them it is going off-site for an additional backup --> restore option, which should be done anyway. Good luck in your next job search!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Had a backup, but my son stepped on my jump drive (while it was in the drive) and destroyed it 2 days before the layoff. You're right though - CD next time. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp