Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Help Controls

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone!
I used the HTML Help Controls feature to add a "Close" button to my pop-up windows. In the generated ouput, however, the button doesn't close just the window but the whole .chm file. Am I using this button improperly? Any ideas? I'm still new to RoboHelp so any advice would be appreciated. I'm using version 6 and just upgraded to 7, if that matters.

Thanks!!!
Wendy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007
Hi WendyCh. Sorry about the brevity of my last response. I was in a bit of a hurry. I've had a further look at things and have decided that the best way to achieve your aim is not with a HTML Help Control. Instead, position the cursor where you want your button to be, go into the Truecode tab and paste the following there:

<input type=button value="Close Window" onClick="window.close()">

Then, save, compile and test. Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2007 Nov 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd do this with some javascript attached to the button similar to this...
<a href="javascript:self.close()">close window</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to forgive me. I need a little more instruction. I've added the script to the topic. The little red square appears indicating its presence but I don't know how to link this to a button or button graphic.
Thanks!
Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WendyCh. Sorry about the brevity of my last response. I was in a bit of a hurry. I've had a further look at things and have decided that the best way to achieve your aim is not with a HTML Help Control. Instead, position the cursor where you want your button to be, go into the Truecode tab and paste the following there:

<input type=button value="Close Window" onClick="window.close()">

Then, save, compile and test. Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Colum-
It worked! Fantastic!
Thank you so much for your help,
Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp