• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show link instead of TOC in context-sensitive help

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to get my context-sensitive Help topics to always display the TOC - rather than have users have to click "Show".
I know there is a way to do this... anyone know? I'm using X5.
Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the topic about calling webhelp using urls on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this did NOT help me as it only says "it will display" which is not happening for me. I see the TOC w/ my default topic but not the rest of the system. eek!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your link is in the format startpage.htm#path/targettopic.htm, the help opens with the TOC and the csh topic.

Is that not happening. Sorry, it's not clear from your reply.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is startpage.htm always the same or dependent on my system? I'm having trouble identifying the start page for my developer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is whatever you have called in the first field of the first page in the generation wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
At the very top:

Select Output Folder and Start Page

Not to be confused with the Default Topic a little further down (that's the opening page that displays when the help is launched without a CSH call). Your startpage can be called whatever (and wherever) you want, such as:

C:\Docs/RoboHelp\ProjectA\MyStartPage.htm

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp