Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF SSH custom tag?

Nov 03, 2006 Nov 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been scouring the web and newsgroups in search of a Coldfusion tag/component that would make it easy to use an open source, java-based SSH client with CFMX 7.0. Specifically, I need to be able to:

1. Connect to a MikroTik router (running their RouterOS v 2.9.10) via SSH using standard username/password authentication (preshared key authentication is not supported).

2. Submit a command line instruction to execute a script or batch file stored on the router.

I've tried using CFEXECUTE with Plink.exe (PuTTY's command-line utility) without success.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Steve Edwards
Dad O'Twins
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I have the same issue. Did you ever find a way to do this? Any help you cna offer is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To my surprise, I've still not found an acceptable CF-based solution. Plink would work if it didn't require a manual "yes/no" response when it asks if you'd like to save the key of an unknown host to your registry. While it is possible (but highly discouraged) to do this with some of the Java-based SSH clients I've seen, I've had no success getting them installed, much less working, properly on CFMX 7.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation