• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest flash player needs OS 10.7

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not install any OS higher than 10.6.8 on my 8 year old Macbook Pro so the latest version of Flash player won't install on it. Does this preclude me from using flash player altogether now ? I am not planning on replacing the Mac.

Thanks, in advance, for any help with this ~ Peter Russell 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a PowerPC or Intel Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel .... thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have not dropped support for OS X 10.6.8.  Please describe, in detail, what happens when you try to install the latest version of Flash Player on your system? Screenshots (How to post a screenshot in the forum) and install log files (Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?) are very helpful and highly encouraged.  Log files tend to be very large to include within a post.  Please upload the log file using the instructions here How to share a document. Also, we have a few different installers for OS X.  What is the the file name of the installer you are using?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. attached are two Grab shots of warnings I get.

The one that is not the " Requires 10.7" one would seem to have done the install but it obviously hasn't because I still get a notification to update flash player.

Maybe I'm not doing something correct but the installer for Fjustlash player doesn't see to work like other Mac installers that just open up an icon of the app that can be dragged into the apps folder right along side it ...??

Thanks ~ Peter Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To post screenshots you need to login to the forum, reply in your topic, then use the camera icon in the forum editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing the above I get a message that, 'That type of image ( the screenshot - TIFF image @ 193kb ) is forbidden'.

I think I'll let this matter rest for now .... I can manage without Flash player no problem and I can pick it up again when time allows.

I do very much appreciate the time that everyone has taken in trying to help with this matter and I will eventually get it sorted.

Thanks again ~ Peter Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi peatle,

You can upload the images using the instructions here How to share a document.

As for the Flash Player installer, correct, you can't just drag and drop into the apps folder.  Flash Player is a plugin, not an app and doesn't install to the apps folder.

What is the file name of the installer you are using. We have a couple different installers, and this will help identify which one is being used, and resulting in the error.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines