Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Package ???? any comments

Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluating Help products. They need to allow Context Help for VS2005 and allow language localization. I also require to create material as a PDF. I have used Help&Manual to do the initial evaluation and I have now got RH7 for evaluation.

After using Help&Manual, RH7 appears cumbersome and prone to "not working" i.e. I get 1page of a 50 page help manual when outputting to PDF The HTML shows no index and it hangs now and then. Does anybody have experience with both products and comment on this.????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi help&manual and welcome to the RH forums.
There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to achieve what you want. This means that something has gone wrong with either your project, the import of something or the ouput generation. Have you imported your old help&manual help into RH and PDFed it? Does the index show in RH? If you generate just a word document does you get the same result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the .hlp file that help&manual created and I can see all of the file in RH7 but it outputs 1 page in PDf and WORD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no hold everything I think the problem is in a corrupt HLP file I assumed it was OK because RH7 imported it all but if I try to look at this particular version as a help file I only see the first page.

I will give RH7 a good evaluation I will start with a new project instead of importing any problems.

Thanks for your comments and Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Was there anything in the help&manual help that limited the output produced that could have been converted into a conditional build tag in RH? Also can you confirm whether you are still producing WinHelp output? Can you please confirm that there are index entries in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oops! Our posts crossed. If you want to give it a test, hunt around on your PC for another .HLP file - you'd be surprised what you find if you search - and import that into a new project. That should allow you to test RH sufficiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp