Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 5 won't open

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have used RoboHelp 5 on my machine successfully for some time - until today I have never had a problem opening it.

I have not had the chance to open it for a few weeks due to other work, and now when I double-click the icon it goes straight to a Windows Installer, saying it is "preparing to install".

So obviously something I've installed recently does not play well with RoboHelp 5. Recently I have installed Captivate 3, as well as Crystal Reports XI. Does anyone have any guess as to what RH might be trying to install? Or perhaps any knowledge on what is the first dll RH tries to run when it loads?

Or perhaps I'm all wet and this is not a dll issue at all?

Thanks!
Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Umm! I wonder whether the Captivate install has interfered with one of the RoboHelp .DLLs. Another potential culprit may be any trial version of RoboHelp installed that you have since removed? In either case, I fear the only solution may be to uninstall/reinstall RoboHelp. Before you remove it, check you have the disk or correct SETUP.EXE otherwise you'll have to go to Adobe with your licence details to get them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp