• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Flash Player install for Firefox or Chrome on Windows 8.1?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware that it is integrated with IE, but I have to use Chrome or Firefox for school and work purposes. Every time I download the file, I allow the program to run but all that pops up is a blank box. I have tried leaving it to run all night and the whole time I was at work but it is still on the same screen.

flash issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Hi hachidomosenpai,

We are aware of the online installer displaying blank for some users.  We are working to resolve this issue.  In the mean time, please use the offline installer andys75622553 and Piyush link to.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following Adobe website. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?".

Click on the link for Firefox. Then Click on RUN.

It may take 30 seconds before it starts downloading.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried that and it still does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the thread that follows after yours the OP said he fixed the download problem by clearing his "browser cache".

I am not sure if clearing the "browser cache" is the same as Deleting your browser history (i.e. deleting the browser cookies).

I can tell you how to delete the browser history on Internet Explorer but I have not cleared the browser on Firefox. So, I cannot help with that.

If you do not get help tonight, try posting again tomorrow when the Adobe staff is here.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Google Chrome has Flash Player in-built, So you don't need to install Flash Player for Chrome - Adobe Flash Player plug-in - Chrome Help‌

For Mozilla Firefox - Please try installing Flash Player from Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

- Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hachidomosenpai,

We are aware of the online installer displaying blank for some users.  We are working to resolve this issue.  In the mean time, please use the offline installer andys75622553 and Piyush link to.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally was able to get it to work. I didn't do anything different, just waited a couple days and tried again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines