• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change ColdFusion Admin password

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rarely used server that I now need to start using.   I upgraded to CF 10 last year.   I assigned a password and was able to add all the patches available.  I logged out and haven't needed to login since.  I am now having to set up another connection.  When I attempted to login, I used the password that I had stored in a spreadsheet I have on the server; so I know it's good.   I used the password reset tool in the bin directory.  It asks me if I want to change the admin password or change admin component; I select change admin password.   I change the password and verify it.  It then asks me to change the RDS password, which I do.  All examples I've seen show a message coming back saying it was changed.  Mine does not give that message.  Instead, after the RDS password confirmation, it exits the tool and the password is never changed.   The one thing I don't really understand is why the password is no longer valid when no one but me has been on this server since the last time I used it.   Can anyone help me understand what I've done wrong?   Thanx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be due to the mimeType extension in the web.config. This does affect CF11, cannot remember if it affects CF10 though. Worth a quick check if you are sure the password is correct.

Can you give this a go:

• Navigate to the webroot of your site.
  • Take a backup of web.config and open it with text editor (notepad etc)
  • Comment the entry for mimeType extension of ".air" like <!--<mimeMap fileExtension=".air" mimeType="application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip" />-->
  • Save the file and restart IIS.
  • Launch CF Admin and try to login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file.  I don't see what you're talking about.

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="On" />

<httpHandlers>

<add verb="*" path="*.asax" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

<add verb="*" path="*.ascx" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

<add verb="*" path="*.ashx" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

<add verb="*" path="*.asmx" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

<add verb="*" path="*.aspx" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

</httpHandlers>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of IIS are you using? What mode are you running your application pool in if IIS 7+ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The server is Windows Server 2003, so 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click on the website in IIS and go to Properties. Go to the HTTP Headers tab and click the Mime Types button at the bottom.

Do you see  ".air"  "application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip" in the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in the list.  It's completely blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are possible workarounds, you may try:-

Note:- Enabling internal/built port would require a ColdFusion Application Server restart.

The possible reason of this behavior is the CFID and CFTOKEN getting changed from the request start to request end. To find the cause, you can try running Charles Tool and follow the below steps:-

1. First of all stop all http request.
  2. Close all browsers.
  3. Install Charles proxy.
  4. Start Charles proxy.
  5. Requests few times for http request (The CF Admin URL) to record its in-depth in Charles session/file.
  6. Then save those Charles session/file and review them for error/mistake in component and interface.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation