• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install flash player from the home screen?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating Mac OSX.  I have flash player version 16.0.0.  I can't play any videos because my flash player is out of date.  I download the latest flash player and when I go to install it, it takes me here www.adobe.com.  There is no "Install flash player" prompt like there used to be.  There is a "Download Creative Cloud" prompt for a fee.  I go to the menu and there is no install flash player prompt.  I go to Adobe Flash Player in the lower right hand corner and it prompts me to download the flash player again but not to install it and then I end up right back to the Adobe home screen again where there is no install flash player prompt.  I search "install flash player" and it takes me to a prompt to download the flash player again which of course brings me back to the home screen where again, there is no install now prompt.  I've been at this for days, extremely frustrated.  How do I install flash player?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aliciapeek,

What is the file name of the install file being downloaded that results in this behaviour? This isn't the correct behaviour and the file name will help us identify the problematic install file resulting in this behaviour.

Since the online installer is resulting in this odd behaviour, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Please do provide the file name of the problematic installer so that we can investigate further.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find out what the file name is?  The file comes straight from your website www.adobe.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is install_flashplayer_osx-2.dmg When I load it, it takes me here.  I see no where to install button from this page.  I have gone to Adobe Flash Player in the bottom right hand corner and it takes me to the download which I then install then takes me back to this screen.  I go to search and then get "help installing Flash Player" and it takes me back to install download which I then download again and when I go to install it, takes me back to this screen.  I go to menu and nothing.  I need an install button and there is none on this screen. Screenshot 2015-03-26 07.35.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application cannot be found.  install_falsh_player_17_ta_osx.dmg does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really need some help here Adobe...running a Mac, I can't use any other flash player...been at this for a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed typed "flash" in the 17_ta download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alicia,

If the browser is opening when you attempt to mount the DMG image, then somehow, the browser has been set as the default program to open DMG files.  You'll need to change this association for the DiskImageMounter.app file to be the default program to open the DMG file.  Please do the following:

1. Select the installer DMG file and CTRL-click on the DMG file.
    • If DiskImageMounter.app is available, select that and skip to step 4 below
  2. From the menu, select Open With > and then select Other...to open Finder
    • Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 10.02.38 AM.png
  3. In Finder, navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices, look for DiskImageMounter.app and select it
    • At the bottom center of the Finder window, put a check in the box next to Always Open With
    • Click Open in the bottom right of the Finder window
    • Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 10.03.46 AM.png
  4. This will mount the DMG file revealing the installer app.
  5. Double-click the installer app (Install Adobe Flash Player.app) to launch the installer dialog window.
  6. Follow prompts to install Flash Player

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines