Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bluefire Reader can't open DRM protected PDF

Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transferred a DRM protected PDF to my iPad and now I want to open it via Bluefire Reader on the iPad. When trying to open the PDF,  I get a message: " Add Account: This application is authorised with the following user accounts: (here goes my user account xxx). This item (i.e. PDF) was originally downloaded with a different user account or Adobe ID. To continue, please add that account".  I don't understand why. My Digital Editions has the same Adobe ID  as the Bluefire reader.

When I installed Adobe Digital Editions for the first time I might have not authorised my PC straightaway but later I did that.

Please help, where is the problem?

I would very much appreciate your suggestions how to solve the problem I described.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you downloaded the PDF to the PC before authorizing your Adobe ID on the PC, then the PDF will be locked to a sort of anonymous ID that ADE uses when not authorized to a 'proper' ID.  In that case you would not be able to read the PDF on the PC any longer after authorizing ADE with your own ID, or read it anywhere else.  Unfortunately, in that case I do not think there is any way to return to a previous anonymous ID and recover access to the document.

If the book was downloaded after authorizing your Adobe ID on the PC, it should be OK.  I don't know if Bluefire suffers the same as ADE and sometimes gets authorizations confused.  Try deregistering Bluefire from your ID and reregistering it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if the PDF is locked to the anonymous ID, there's absolutely nothing you can do to read the file on the Bluefire Reader app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like your ADE was "authorized without id" at the time of book download.

So your book has anonymous authorization credentials.

Later if you authorize ADE with Adobe id, it will not help as that particular book does not get associated with new id.

Book and authorization association happens only at the time of download.

To solve this, Please contact your library to provide you a fresh download link for the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines