• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to find RoboEngine

Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All!

I'm working on a project to try to use merged projects in RoboHelp; the book I have (Version X4) says that "The Systems Administrator must check that the Internet Information Services is installed on the same computer on which RoboEngine is installed." I've looked for RoboEngine, but can't seem to find it. Also, how do I find the IIS?

Thanx!
Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon.

IIS is a component of Windows. You'll need to go into your PC's Control Panel and load this windows component. However you do not need to have IIS installed for merged help unless you are using the RoboEngine - it has now been renamed RoboHelp Server BTW.

So what is the difference I hear you ask? RoboHelp is used to create, compile and publish help output. One of the outputs is Webhelp and is designed for posting on intranets, websites, etc. RoboEngine is a separate product that uses the WebHelp Pro output from RoboHelp to publish to a central server from where users access the help.

In summary. If all you want to do is output your help to a user's PC or a website, you do not need RoboEngine (aka RoboHelp Server). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, Coum,

That was quick -- and helpful, too. Thanx!

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp