Exit

Browse Sequence editor not working for Word imports

Mentor ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RH10, with Word 2007.

I have imported the Word doc and used its ToC in RH project. However, when I click the Autocreate using ToC in Browse Sequence Editor window, nothing happens.

Is it some sort of known bug? Or am I missing something?

Please advise.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Maybe you have more than one TOC?

If so, are you certain you are pointing the Browse Sequence Editor to the correct TOC?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Rick. I have only one TOC.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, in looking again, I see you stated you used the TOC from the Word document. What I'm unsure about, is if the process of importing the Word document with a TOC will actually create a corresponding TOC in RoboHelp. I would expect that to be the case but personally I've never tried it.

So the question here is, did that process create a "proper" RoboHelp TOC? If you click the View menu and point at Pods, then TOC, do you actually a new pod open with books and pages inside the pod?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a Word document, whether or not a proper Rh TOC is created depends on whether or not you choose that option. The workflow is documented on my site.

If you do create such a TOC, it can then be inserted into the main menu if required.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH ToC matches Word ToC. I re-created the doc ToC and RH project. Now, I am able to get the Browse Sequence. However, it is not up to the right level.

Here is the screenshot, of browse sequence set at 2nd level.

Browse Sequence Editor in Word.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please clarify what you expect to see in the above image.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp