• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When installing on OS X 10.10.2 I get the following message: "Installer.app" will damage your computer. You should eject your disk image. It contains the "OS X.Installlmitator.A" malware

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing on OS X 10.10.2 I get the following message: "Installer.app" will damage your computer. You should eject your disk image. It contains the "OS X.Installlmitator.A" malware. Then the only options are "Cancel" or "Eject Disk Image". The error message is coming from the "Security and Privacy" on the mac.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That doesn't appear to be a legit file.  The Flash Player installer file is not named "Installer.app" (unless it was renamed after downloading). What is the URL you downloaded the installer file from? What is the actual name of the file that was downloaded?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's from or appears to be from the legit Adobe web site - https://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me the link to download Flash Player for OS X 10.10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a Mac try the following Adobe website. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?" and select the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rufalo,

Thank you for the additional information.  I'm still suspicious of this, as the file name of the installer is "Adobe Flash Player Installer.app", not just "Installer.app", which is what you're reporting as the file name.  I'm assuming this is an anti-virus software that is reporting the message.  If so, what is the name of the software?

The tech note Andy provided has a link to the offline installer that you can try, if you haven't done so already.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines