• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player "quits unexpectedly" when installing security update 17.0.0.134 on Mac OS 10.9.5

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't had problems with updates before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

We've seen a few reports of this behaviour this week, however, we've not been able to reproduce.  To help us troubleshoot, please provide the following information:

• In the 'Flash Player quit unexpectedly' window, click REPORT. This will display some crash log information.  Copy the entire contents of the crash report into a text file and name it something like 'crashlog.txt'.
  • Both of the log files listed in the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?‌ tech note
  • Both of the files in ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs directory

Upload the crash log file and both log files using the the instructions here How to share a document

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Maria. I'll do that. I was successful by downloading 17 from another site. Tried AdobeFlashPlayer_17_ta_install.dmg again and it still fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

What other site did you download the installer from?  Was it the full installer from the installation problems tech note?

Even though you've successfully installed Flash Player, if you have a few minutes, we would really appreciate it if you could provide the crash log and various install log files as it would help us troubleshoot the issue since we've not been able to reproduce.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from the tech note.

Here's the link to the files I could gather: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/46aa4f3f-cd8e-4323-895d-b8bf4d7f9c61

There was no new content in the install.log (and the marker did not remain).

There was no ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

Thank you very much for providing the information. It'll be very helpful.

Have a great day.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I have the same problem.

Here is the installation crash log

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi waunfawr,

Thank you for the log file. Can you please reboot your system and try the online installer again?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem, I'm also on 10.9.5

I have rebooted, re-downloaded the installer at least 5 times, no luck!

Here is my crash report file Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

There was a Flash Player release today and several files have been updated.  Please try downloading again.  If you experience the same behavior, please clear the browser cache, as the old installer may be cached and is still downloading, and download the installer again.  If the issue persists after clearing the browser cache, please upload the new crash report (How to share a document) and post the link here.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines