Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

open illustrator draw project in illustrator

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can i open a project i made in Illustrator draw yesterday evening. I would like to open it in Adobe Illustrator now. I saved it into creative cloud, but it seems you cannot access it in the libraries panel of Adobe Illustrator. Can you only access it when you choose the option "send to illustrator" in the mobile app and if you forget to send it you cannot access it? I find it in the creative cloud website but you cna only export it as jpg or png.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Tommy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

api?X-Location=https%3A%2F%2Fcc-ap1-prod.adobesc.com%2Fapi%2Fv1%2Fassets%2Ffc9428a7-9492-4bd0-9196-6e44cd2b78b1%2Frenditions%2Fjpg%2F1200?&link=db5e929a-f8d4-4473-b087-a0c41be64aea&u=oneup

This is the only way to get a vector file from Draw into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

api?X-Location=https%3A%2F%2Fcc-ap1-prod.adobesc.com%2Fapi%2Fv1%2Fassets%2Ffc9428a7-9492-4bd0-9196-6e44cd2b78b1%2Frenditions%2Fjpg%2F1200?&link=db5e929a-f8d4-4473-b087-a0c41be64aea&u=oneup

This is the only way to get a vector file from Draw into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action "works" described  - press the share button / Send to Illustrator (or to Photoshop for that matter) / Sync circling / Sent with checkmark - but then nothing happens. My Creative Cloud is updated / Illustrator is current / and Photoshop is current.

Am I looking for this in the wrong place? Is there a panel or file I have to open?

The image shows up in Creative Cloud where it can be used as a jpg or png - but nothing like the description of being able to open and use in Illustrator as a vector object.

Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say they're updated and current, that means you're on the monthly subscription model? Those are the only PS/Illustrator editions that will work with the "Send To..." function of Draw.

Unfortunately, I'm on an older version myself, so can't help troubleshoot beyond that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm on the Creative Cloud subscription. Creative Cloud is version 1.8.0.447, Illustrator is 18.1.0, and Photoshop is 2014.2.0 release. It seems my iPad apps recognize me as my account shows up as linked. The Color and Brush library updates and work well, I just can't seem to get Draw or the other programs to send to Illustrator or Photoshop, even though it tells me they are sent. The drawings are showing up in my Creative Cloud Assets folder, but only a .png.

I'm sure there is just some weird piece of preference or setting I'm not doing correctly.

Suggestions?

NOTE: The "Copy Image to Creative Cloud" from my iPad works no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing to desktop might be stuck. Sign out, quit, open, sign in. Assets and apps tabs should show they r synced if things are working right, otherwise you will see a sync failure or it will appear to be hanging (syncing bar at bottom if desktop CC window).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! I was just on with an Adobe tech and they are pushing me up to another support level and tell me someone will get back in the next 24 hrs.

Tried your suggestions - logged out of CC on both my desktop and iPad, quit everything, and then logged back in. Still not uploading to Illustrator.

Checking for clues - syncing seems to be working. For example, the test Color Theme swatches from my iPad are showing up, as well as the junk brush test I made. In Creative Cloud all of the drawings show up in the folder and are available to export, but only as a jpg or png.

From what I've read - when the image is sent from the iPad it is supposed to trigger the application to open if not opened, or just magically show up. Am i mistaken? Do I have to retrieve it from somewhere?

Thanks again for your suggestions - will post back when this thing is working (and if it is just user error).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have illustrator open when you send the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried three ways.

1. Illustrator quit - not open.

2. Illustrator open, but no New Document.

3. Illustrator open, with New Document window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again thread!

For anyone who might be interested / having this same issue - I just got off the phone with Adobe technical support and we spent a good half hour or so going through things - including a join.me session where the tech took control of my computer. Things he was looking for:

1. Versions of the program up to date - check

2. Reset my Adobe ID / log out and then back in to CC on computer and iPad - check

2. On the same network - check (why that would have any bearing is confusing - I would hope that I could send these files from the road, etc)

3. If I have Illustrator tied to any other (previous) computers - no & check

4. Opened up my Library / Preferences - Had leftovers from previous Adobe Illustrator versions, he changed a filename in one of the older folders (when asked if removing the prior preference files would make a difference he said no)

5. Had me leave the current network I was on and switch to another (used tethering on my iPad, still did not work)

During all of this, two different techs signed into my account and were able to successfully send from Draw to Illustrator on their computers. When they tried to do the same and send to mine, no luck.

At this point I was informed that they are going to continue looking at this, some other users have the same issue, and would get back to me when solved. When / if this works out I will repost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have u uninstalled and signed out of everything, everywhere, even online and then reinstalled and signed in? Obvious but effective.

—

Sent from Mailbox

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 8:57 AM, charlesvarga <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed out of all CC programs and CC itself on both the laptop and iPad, quit the programs, and then when starting up again re-signed in - this happened several times as I got new Adobe IDs as they were testing, and finally when I was finished.

I asked if removing all the software and then cleanly reinstalling would make a difference and was told no.

I might try with my iPad later tonight and see if that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you haven't tried removing then I would try it, nothing else is working is it

—

Sent from Mailbox

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 9:29 AM, charlesvarga <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed, reinstalled, re log in, nothing.

Waiting now for Adobe tech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change firewall settings?

—

Sent from Mailbox

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM, charlesvarga <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is what they were testing for when they asked me to go on to another network. I used tethering from my iPad to get online for both - still didn't work.

All other syncing functions between the Adobe iPad programs and the desktop programs are working fine - not sure if that means anything but seems odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @charlesvarga,

Can you verify that date/time on your iOS device (for Adobe Illustrator Draw) and your desktop ( for Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop) are in the same time zone, same day,  and the time on your tablet is relatively close to your desktop machine ?

Thanks,

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jose! I saw that in another forum thread and checked - that was not the problem.

Adobe technical support asked me to create a new login with administrator access on my Macbook Pro.

After creating the user and downloading Creative Cloud - I signed in and launched Illustrator. All of the drawings were there waiting.

Checked with Photoshop - again works perfectly.

Not sure what is going on with my current user profile on my Mac, but it still does not work. In any case, I will either be drilling down to see what is going on with my current user login, or just switch everything over to the new user login.

tl;dr - SOLVED! Create new user account and tested - works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you only get the Send To Illustrator functionality if you pay for the monthly Creative Cloud subscription. Hopefully Adobe will rethink that decision as it locks out their entire base of legacy app (that is, people with pre-CC versions of Illustrator) users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. So they have a new section in CC for mobile creations which is where Draw file sync.

Looks like these files don't sync to the CC files folder on my MacBook.

A fairer solution for pre-CC software owners is to let everyone use CC to sync files and then make them manually download files from CC in .ai format. It's more work so send to illustrator is a feature worth paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. Looks like if you have an image on the image layer, then this will prevent you from exporting to Illustrator as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new bug in our latest release, and we apologize for not catching it before it went out. We are putting together a patch to address the issue. The only workaround at this point is to delete the photo and then send to Illustrator again.

Thank you,

Frank

Draw Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Draw 2.0.1 is now available on the App Store and contains the fix for the bug that prevented sending to Illustrator when you have a photo present in your Photo Layer.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still isn't working for me. I have Illustrator CS6 and the send to illustrator option shows up on my iPad. But when it opens the file in Illustrator on my desktop it is completely empty, no layers, just a blank page. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and I don't know how to fix this. Does the Send To Illustrator feature work with CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines