Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding narration soundfile

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2007 Nov 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm new to Captivate and trying to figure out if this is the right app for my needs. I'm trying to create a demo for a product by creating video to match a pre-existing voice-over narrative. The problem I encounter is that Captivate seems to be very frame-centric such that it wants you to create frames first and then lay down the audio to match and not vice versa.

In the ideal world, I'd be able to import the audio file of the voice-over before any frames exist and see its full length on the timeline. Then I could add in and adjust the timing of the frames to match the audio. As it stands, though, it seems like the timeline only shows one frame at a time and, although I can import the audio file, I don't get any sense for how it lines up with or spans across the different frames.

Does anybody have any tips or advice that can help me get on the right track?

Thanks much
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2007 Nov 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Gordon Liddy and welcome to our community

If you edit slide1 and press F6 to import the audio clip, you should be greeted with a dialog asking how you wish to deal with this audio clip that is longer than your slide. You have three options. The second is probably what you want. You should end up with that single timeline for all slides. It should also have sliders that allow you to adjust where the break occurs on each slide.

Give that a go and see how you fare.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources