• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why won't lightroom open my raw (NEF) files? I shoot with a Nikon D5500.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a photoshoot and lightroom is telling me that my files are not supported by lightroom. it says lightroom is up to date. I have a cc subscription and can't use lightroom. please tell me there is an easy fix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

There hasn't been a Lightroom update since the D5500 was released. I suspect it will be added in the next update or upgrade. In the meantime, you can use DNG converter 8.8 to create digital negative copies that can be opened with the current versions of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There hasn't been a Lightroom update since the D5500 was released. I suspect it will be added in the next update or upgrade. In the meantime, you can use DNG converter 8.8 to create digital negative copies that can be opened with the current versions of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is up-to-date simply means it's the latest version released by Adobe.

However, Lightroom (even the up-to-date version) does not yet support the D5500

Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

As an interim measure, you can use the free Adobe DNG converter 8.8, convert all D5500 NEF files to DNG format then edit the DNGs in Lightroom 5.

Mac: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 8.8

Win: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 8.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for the Nikon D5500 was released with Adobe Camera Raw 8.8 on March 19th 2015. There has not been a corresponding release of LR 5.8. The expectation is that LR 6 will be release in the near future but there has been no specific release from Adobe.

In the meantime LR users have been advised that they can make use of the Adobe DNG Converter 8.8 which they can use to convert the NEF files to the DNG format and import these files for use in LR 5.7.1 or other earlier versions.

See  the link below for the official communication.

Lightroom Journal | Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.

Quote from the communication. "Camera Raw 8.8 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.  DNG Converter 8.8 is provided for all Lightroom customers and Photoshop customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6."

It is clear that there will be no further versions of ACR version 8. and unlikely to be a version 5.8 for Lightroom. We have to await Photoshop CC 2015 and LR 6.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines