• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I get 'Adobe Digital Editions quit unexpectedly' error?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error on my MacBook Pro after the OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2 upgrade. I can still buy books, upload and read but can't open and read any books borrowed through my public library. I did not have any problems before OS X Yosemite. I am using ADE V4.0.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

I tried checking with my Public library and also with the Apple help forum. I was directed to Adobe forums to ask for help. Seems like no one wants to deal with this.

Just got some great advice to delete ADE 4.0 and upload ADE 3.0 .... Did this and problem no longer occurs. I was able to upload and open book from my public library without the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and will inform my Public library today. If they are paying a license fee then they are paying for a service that is not rendered. Either Adobe or Apple need to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried checking with my Public library and also with the Apple help forum. I was directed to Adobe forums to ask for help. Seems like no one wants to deal with this.

Just got some great advice to delete ADE 4.0 and upload ADE 3.0 .... Did this and problem no longer occurs. I was able to upload and open book from my public library without the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here.  I downloaded and installed ADE 4.0.3 just to check out a library e-book using DRM on my Mac OS X Yosemite.  ADE crashed every time I attempted to open that book with a memory address exception.  I had no problems opening the default book that comes with the reader though.  Looked at iTunes reviews of ADE and Mac users have been complaining about this serious bug since February!  What a major fail by Adobe.

I took the suggestion in this thread of downgrading to ADE 3.0.  I still had the library's e-book in my library but was now getting a E_ACT_NOT_READY error each time I tried to open it.  After some googling, I figured out I needed to reset my authorization token by doing Command-Shift-D.  But after regenerating my authorization token, I got a E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER error.  Now I think I need to get the library to reset the authorization token for the book since my token has changed.  I dropped them a note informing them Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.3 doesn't work on Yosemite and asked them to reset the authorization.  I've removed the book from my ADE library and will hopefully be able to download and start reading it next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines