Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rebuild .cpd crashes - how to debug?

Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with 3,000 topics that is failing to 'rebuild' the .cpd file when I need it to. It runs about 3-4 minutes building the topic list and then the fatal error happens and there is no log file...how do you figure out what file is causing the problem? There are no illegal characters in any file, graphic or baggage file name. Underscores instead of spaces...everything appears to be in great shape. But...the .cpd is 12,000KB in size and getting sluggish.

What are the tricks to resolving this? I'm running RH 5.0...thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teri,

have you tried rebuilding the cpd file from scratch yet. ie. taking a backup of the project, opening up the xpj file and letting robohelp build a new cpd file?

cheers
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried just taking a backup, deleting the CPD file and recompiling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tha'ts what I'm doing...renaming the .cpd to .oldcpd and launching the .xpj file. That usually works very slick and all is good. But with this particular project its crashing about 3 minutes into the process. ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri

Have you remembered the bit we found before about frames?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no frames!!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri and all

Teri, I might suggest trying to copy the project to a backup folder, then trashing both the .XPJ AND th .CPD. Then open the project using the ProjectName.HHP.

Long shot, but may be worth a try. Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick...I will give that a shot. I'm just stymied...this is a piece of my huge project that I broke off and thought that would resolve all issues. Guess I took the problem child with me on this project! Take care...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp