16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 12:20 AM by TanviRastogi

PDFMaker loads but won't work in Word 2013 - Acrobat XI and DC - Win 8.1 Pro

MaxSverdlove Level 1

OK, I opened a question that never got answered and it never was resolved...

Just updated to Acrobat DC - same problem exists...

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro fully up to date..

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2013 Pro (I have an Office 365 subscription so it's the click-to-run install).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC.

I've rebooted (a full restart, not Win 8's fast boot restart) between each installation.

I've tried this in multiple Office applications, none of them work EXCEPT for Outlook.

For the following I will use Word as my examples...

I've uninstalled all plug-ins and still it won't work.

I've tried running Word as Administrator.... still won't work.

OK... so this is what it looks like... as you can see the toolbar loads, but no icons...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsbs4kon3z4e965/Word%20Acrobat%20Screenshot.jpg?dl=0

Word%20Acrobat%20Screenshot.jpg

When you click on those buttons... it goes through the motions as if it were creating the PDF... but no file is ever created...

If I right-click on a Word document and select Convert to PDF - it goes through the motions of creating the PDF, asks me where to save... and then a dialog box named "Acrobat PDFMaker" comes up saying " {Exclamation Point Yellow Triangle Icon} An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."

If I right-click on a text file... and select Covert to PDF,  it immediately pops open a PDF of the text file.  Same with any image file.

This was all working perfectly up until out of nowhere it stopped working on January 26, 2015.  See my original posting here: Acrobat XI Pro Word 2013 add-in stopped working

I can Print to PDF using the PDF Printer without any problems.

Creating a PDF in Outlook, no problems...

I'm hoping somebody can figure this one out... I'm completely stumped.... and I'm usually very good at troubleshooting stuff.