• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

De-Authorizing Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to de-authorize digital editions. I was told to de-authorize and then reauthorize to remedy an error msg I was receiving trying to download a book from net galley .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ADE 4.x version, you can use the menu option to de-authorize.  But make sure that you are in the library view, not while you are reading a book.  For older version of ADE, it is key combo CTRL-SHIFT-E (or maybe D).  Sorry it has been a while so I can't recall the exact key combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this. When I choose de-authorize it says it cannot reauthorize

at this time. It's been saying that for 3 days. Is there another way? I

just want the entire program OFF of my macbook at this point. How do I get

the whole thing GONE? Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know for sure on Macbook, since it isn't the same as Windows. However, for Windows, there is a registry key that can be manually deleted to remove authorization. And it looks like there is something similar for Macs. Check out these instructions, even though the error message is different, the instructions are for manually deactivating.  Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your problem resolved?  What are you using to read the ebook that you downloaded if you want to remove ADE?  On Mac, you can simply remove the program from Applications folder.  Is there an alternative reader that you can use?  I have not heard of this error working with ADE and many users.  One obvious question to ask if you are connected to internet while trying to de-authorize, unlikely the case, but I want to make sure.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I will this

afternoon. I will let you know if it works. I hope so! Thanks again.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:15 AM, chingyue87 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of users on this forum currently with this exact same problem, some who've even left screenshots of the issue. Definitely is a problem. I've found that for me, the best thing to do was to just manually deactivate using the steps to remove the info from the registry. I linked to the article above, but in case the article moves, here are the steps.

Disclaimer: The following task requires you to modify the Windows registry. The registry contains system-related information that is critical to your computer and applications. Before you modify the registry, make a backup copy of it. Adobe doesn't provide support for problems that arise from improperly modifying the registry.

For more information about the Windows registry or the Registry Editor, see the Microsoft Help and Support site at http://support.microsoft.com.

1. Close all applications.

2. Choose Start > Run.

3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

5. Select the Adept key.

6. Choose File > Export.

7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

10. Close the Registry Editor.

11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to delete the registry key for Adept - and got an error saying it couldn't delete all items. So it still won't let me de-activate the app. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before deleting, make sure ADE is not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to just remove the program from my macbook completely by going

to my applications folder and moving to the trash as @chingyue87 said.

Thanks so much! At this point the e-book I was trying to download has

expired so I didn't need it anymore. In retrospect, I think the problem was

that I had 2 different versions of ADE on my macbook and didn't realize it.

Either way, I don't need it now.Maybe next time.

All Best

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:15 AM, chingyue87 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had two different versions on my Mac and removed both.  When I reinstalled it same issue.  Please report back if you try to get an eBook again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok. I certainly will! Thanks

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 5:50 PM, TinkSaysBoo <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse my autocorrect. It says Cannot DE-authorize at this time.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Dannetta Rivers <dannettalynn@gmail.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as others, when I try to un-athorize it says I am unable to at this time.

My issue is "/Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions" does not exist.

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 9.45.26 AM.png

Some other background: I was running out of space a couple months ago and deleted a bunch of apps, including digital editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a macbook or pc? I have a macbook. I didn't realize I could

just go to applications and delete the whole app and start over. If you

can't weatherize you may have to just delete it, download it again, and

then download the e-book again and see if it opens.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 2:54 PM, TinkSaysBoo <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a mac.  I deleted the applications and all digital edition folders I could find, then cleared my trash before reinstalling.  Still having issues.  Ugh! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines