Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfgrid: clientside validation

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2007 Nov 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I've found a lot of pages dealing with serverside validation oder clientside validation in cfinput fields,
but Im looking for a clientside validation in a grid.

Any hints oder links for me?

Regards, Philipp
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you should always have server-side validation regardless of whether or not you have client-side, simply because not everyone has javascript turned on. Rock-solid applications never rely solely on Client-Side validations.

The CFGRID is a java or flash control, depending on choice, so you should be looking at server -side anyways, since in the client browser it may not work with one over another, whether they have JS turned off or not.

You would have to have JS delve into and read the JAVA properties, or flash properties in each case, which is not overly simple. Server side is generally recommended for CFGRID only, especially since it does not necessarily record the input in the same order that you visually see it on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've already implement a serverside validation.
I'm looking for a possibility to prohibit typing non-numerics in an flash-formatted cfgrid to make the input process more comfortable for the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation