• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please add the ability to add hyperlinks in BC. Such a basic feature.

Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the ability to add hyperlinks in BC.  Such a basic feature.  Seems a huge hole in the system.  I know I can do it in the individual pages mode but for my clients, that's not so simple.  Changing text and photos is great but adding hyperlinks seems so essential.  Please tell me that feature is coming.

Thanks!

BC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Hi Bernie

Point Noted!!

Please feel free to join our prerelease program where you can check upcoming features as well you can test out the features and provide feedback.

http://museprerelease.com/

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, not sure what your not seeing but of course you can add hyperlinks.

The editor in the admin - The link button - Hyperlinks, this is available throughout all content in the system. Then you have all the modules that can link to detail views with the tags and ability to make the links, custom fields in web apps and so on.....

Both you can clients can make millions of hyperlinks in BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your reply.  What I'm referring to is the tab the says Edit on the top menu that takes you into the mode where you can edit the pages in real time.  There is no way to add hyperlinks there.  Your online support chat confirmed that.  I know you can edit pages individually on the manage pages mode.  Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to set those things up with the ICE setup of the pages/templates. If things are not setup or setup in a way the links are not managed etc then it wont.

But that edit mode is for basic site and can only do so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again... but I think you might be missing the point of my original post.  My question was why you don't have the ability to edit hyperlinks in the simple edit mode.  Sure, I can do that in the other pages mode but many of my clients want it as simple as can be.  Simple content management.  Don't you agree that the ability to add hyperlinks in the simple edit mode would be a good change to the existing system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not understanding me. You can.

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2862

You can even see from the screenshots - the hyperlink button. If elements are not editable they are either modules like a web app or the ICE in the templates has not been set up fully or has limitations put on the editor on the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree... we're not understanding each other.  I've attached a screenshot of the area of the BC edit mode I'm referring to.  There is nowhere there to add or edit hyperlinks.  2 online support reps from Adobe confirmed this.  If you can prove them wrong I'm more than happy to here your advice.  Thanks for your time.amySS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,

I do not use Muse, so I been informed that it just does not have the full features and very limited.

So to be clear it is not BC lacking here, because it certainly does a lot more.

BUT because Muse is more of a entry level tool to make websites it wont ever be able to do the full whack of things through that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for finally seeing my point.  Muse is actually a great program and much more than an entry level program.  It's been around for several years now and has many third party plugins that can lead to making great websites.  I've been using Dreamweaver since is was Macromedia version 3.  And actually prefer Muse to DW these days.

My goal with this thread was to ask an expert if there were plans to make the editing portion I showed more editable.  I appreciate you taking the time to try and help but I hope now you see what I was asking help for.

I don't want to mark this as correct answer yet because I'd really love to hear from some other folks on this issue.  Especially Adobe staff.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me, I know what Muse is. I was shown it before many people knew it was a thing

I am also one of the most experienced developers on Business Catalyst and as a whole. I know Muse and I know say BC and I know the industry.

Muse can not make the website we make at Pretty, Its a good tool for designers to create sites and get going but it does not teach you the web, the industry and all the stuff you need to know. Symantec markup, SEO, importance of h1, optimisation, performance which factors into nutrition rates, UX and so on.

In terms of what your asking - BC and the ICE feature of BC supports links, that is what you asked and it does.

The thing is through Muse it does not, I guess this is more associated with the limitations of Muse because BC supports that. So that is more of a question for the Muse team. But what I know of what is going on with Muse I am not sure if that is something that will be implemented.

For you, You can ignore muse, go into the templates and add in the ICE stuff yourself for your clients through BC, as the link I provided outlines and you should be able to implement the increased features you need.

As a note, One of the adobe staff contacted me on skype about this to let me know a bit of the limitations on Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're obviously very knowledgable about BC and web design and I commend you for that.  But I was looking for friendly advice here on the forum.  Isn't that what it's for?  For people to interact and get tips and share ideas?  Again I think it's great that you have so much knowledge but you may want to try and be a little more friendly in your responses to people who don't know as much as you.  This thread hasn't really done what I intended.  I may just go to the Adobe team next time.  But thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave it though, I missed the key bit of Muse, but I gave you the information you needed? And was friendly..

Look at what you wrote, read your title and your first post. What would Adobe say initially any different? BC in several ways has hyperlink support. That is what you asked for, it already has it.

We got the bottom of it how your going through Muse, and that is limited in terms of what it can do with BC. It has and may get a little better over time, but its simply not going to be a full whack thing.

BUT like I said in my posts AND provided you with the link you can implement ICE features yourself in BC to achieve exactly what you need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right in that maybe I should have re-phrased the original subject line or possibly posted this at the Muse forum.  But I thought I made my clear in the first couple of posts of what I was asking about.  I know that BC has many editable features already.  My question was specifically why the actual Edit button didn't give you those options.  I think that was a fair and honest inquiry.

You actually said in one of your posts that you had never used Muse.  So I'm not sure how you can make a fair judgement on Muse if you've never used it.  If you look around the web there are many favorable reviews and many pros who endorse it.  You have the ability to design some stunning websites.

I apologize if I offended in any way but you did make me feel like I was a bit of an idiot in the way you answered me at times.  I'll be the first to admit I have a lot to learn... we all do.  Which is again why I visit the Adobe forums for friendly advice.  It should be a positive experience.

Peace and love,

Bernie C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernie

Point Noted!!

Please feel free to join our prerelease program where you can check upcoming features as well you can test out the features and provide feedback.

http://museprerelease.com/

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Sanjit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines