• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Update Failed, Windows 7, 64-bit

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xit Code: 7 Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s) ----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 15.7.20033.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_15.007.20033 ----------- ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running Creative Cloud. Neither rebooting nor the fixes listed at

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-1603-install-cs3-cs4.html

fix the install error.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

As Sara suggested, I contacted phone support. In my case the problem turned out to be a failure in the uninstall of the previous version (11) of Acrobat. Phone Support used the Microsoft tool at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

get Acrobat Pro 11 uninstalled. Once this was done, the install of Acrobat DC completed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dandill,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting Acrobat installed. The last step in the document you link to offers instructions for getting in touch with Acrobat support. Were you able to get that process started?

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara.

Last night I gave up after 40 minutes on hold. I will try again.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Certainly a busy time here, as I'm sure you can imagine! Come back here to the forums if you're still having trouble, and I'll see what we can do to help from this end.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting error 16 when installing acrobat 11.  I have windows 7 home premium.  I have used the acrobat cleaner to uninstall and then re-install, but still get the error.  I can install acrobat 11 on my windows 10 machine with no problems.

Rhonda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the installation issue.

It would be helpful if you could please enable installation logging on the system as per this article How to enable Windows Installer logging and share latest installation logs from user temp directory - logs would start with name - MSIxxxx.log

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the contents of MSI44d35.LOG

Error 1316.The specified account already exists.

=== Logging stopped: 4/7/2015  14:10:58 ===

There are additional .log files named oobelib, PDApp, etc. time-stamped at about the same time. Is there a way tp zip them and then upload them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Did you enable the logging as per http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/223300 ? The msi log file should have more information than the contents you pasted above.

Please zip the files (rename the extension to .zip1) and send the logs to mohd@adobe.com for us to have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did enable logging using the instructions at the Microsoft link, I have just now emailed the zipped text files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As things are now, I cannot created PDFs. While things are being sorted out, is there a way to manually get things back to the Acrobat Pro that seems to have been overwritten by the failed Acrobat DC install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

You can revert to Acrobat XI by following the steps in this document: Acrobat trial removed previous version.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Choose Adobe Acrobat DC, and click Uninstall."

I do not show that it has been installed. I show only that Adobe Acrobat XI Pro ``.0 and its update 11.0.10 are installed. Both of these were installed as part of Creative Cloud.

"In the Registered Products list, note the serial number for the version of Acrobat you want to install. You need this number during installation."

Perhaps because of the Creative Cloud install, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro is not listed. Acrobat 6, July 2003 is listed. I am chary to proceed without a current serail number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have the same problem with updating to Adobe Acrobat DC with Windows 8.1, 64 bit. I also tried everything which is listed at Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation, but it did not work. The error message says:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 15.7.20033.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_15.007.20033 -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other idea please?

Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Sara suggested, I contacted phone support. In my case the problem turned out to be a failure in the uninstall of the previous version (11) of Acrobat. Phone Support used the Microsoft tool at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

get Acrobat Pro 11 uninstalled. Once this was done, the install of Acrobat DC completed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, Dan! And thank you for sharing the solution on the forums!

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was also the solution that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this did not work on my computer. Even the support chat was not able to fix it. No idea, I use Creative Cloud since the beginning without problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned above that in my case I needed to call support so they could work with my machine directly. That was how they were able to localize the problem. So, if you have not yet done so, I would give them a call (rather than online chat).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I also phoned to the support, tried all steps they said to me and sent them some reports, but still no progress... Deadlines are approaching now and I cannot work. Even the Adobe Reader DC returns an error message when trying to install and the Acrobat XI does not install either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting Acrobat/Reader installed. I am sure you must have told all this to support but if you can please tell me the following

1) Error message during Acrobat Installation through Creative Cloud - screenshot if any.

2) Error message during Acrobat Reader DC installation (Are you installing Reader via http://get.adobe.com/reader)

I believe you have sent some logs to support, can you please mail them to me at: mohd@adobe.com

Also, please try installing Acrobat from: Download Acrobat products | Standard, Pro | DC, XI, X and sign in using the Creative Cloud id.

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for your effort. Yes, I have some log files, I will send them to you via E-Mail.

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response from another thread solved it for me:

Tip from user conradi53678269:

Found a work around. Login via your web browser into Adobe whereby you can see your Adobe ID and all your purchase history, app management etc. Click on your name in the top right corner and a pop up box emerges. Click on 'Desktop' under Document Cloud Apps. This will take you to the Cloud version of Acrobat Pro DC and from there in a blue box you have the option of downloading the program directly to your PC/Mac outside of the Creative Cloud  Installer. This had worked seamlessly for me. Hope this will work for you too. No serial numbers required as it auto detects from your Adobe ID account. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tor,

thanks for the work around, but does not work for me. Klicking on Download in the blue box just starts the CC-Installer and thereafter the installation process fot the Acrobat DC.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, the key here is to bypass CC installer. I also struggled a bit. The clue is to follow the exact instructions - clicking your name in the top right corner.

2015-04-09_12-43-42.jpg

After that you get this picture (sorry for using a minority language, but you get the point):

2015-04-09_12-45-45.jpg

When choosing Desktop in the DC applications part the magic happens - you come to a page for downloading Acrobat not using the CC installer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tor,

thanks a lot for the explanation; you were right, I made a wrong "click"... 😉 So I was able to use the Acrobat Installer Package without the CC installer and tried to install it. But...

I tried several times to install, uninstall and clean. There is always an error when installing. Sometimes this one:

Zwischenablage01.jpg

(Installation failure of the Acrobat License Module. Possible solutions under http://...)

Sometimes this one:

DC-error02.jpg

It's really frustrating...

Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines