• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frequent run-time errors during audio recording

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While recording audio voice-over for a slide, I'll often do several "takes" before finding the best one. All too frequently, when I click OK, I encounter a run-time error that terminates the Captivate 2 software. I've done the default installation on two machines and encountered the same problem on both. Are other users running into this problem as well? Any fixes / workarounds to suggest? Is this problem fixed with Captivate 3?

Below is the message that appears.

Title Bar: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Messaqe Text: Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2\AdobeCaptivate.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2007 Nov 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error too and is becoming bit of a pain. Any help would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2007 Nov 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi folks,

The first thing I would do is to remove the .dat file that can be found via the following path:

C:\Document and Settings\Username\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate\

Rename the captivate_v20.dat to something like Old_captivate_v20.dat and then start up Adobe Captivate.

If this doesn't address the problem then report this as a bug using the Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Let us know how you get on.

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources