• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Update never automatic updates!

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have automatic update to, well, update automatic.

However, there's always a pop-up message saying I need to download the new update, it opens a browser, asks me to install McAfee, I say no, then press to download, save a file, and then run the file to update.... how's that automatic updating?

Flash updates so often that this gets annoying. It defeats the whole purpose of pressing Automatic Update.

Is there a fix for this?

1) I already went to the Flash Player Settings Manager and it does say "Allow Adobe to install updates"

2) The mms.cfg file (found this on the net) says:

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

AutoUpdateDisable=0

If it matters I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Hi TruSake,

The latest release of Flash Player was a 'loud' release, therefore it will not be updated via the Background Update (Automatic Update) process. Please see An outline of Flash Runtime installation options‌, specifically the 'Installation Options' section, for more information on why this is and how often Flash Player is updated.

--

Maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TruSake,

The latest release of Flash Player was a 'loud' release, therefore it will not be updated via the Background Update (Automatic Update) process. Please see An outline of Flash Runtime installation options‌, specifically the 'Installation Options' section, for more information on why this is and how often Flash Player is updated.

--

Maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines