• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader keeps saying it needs to be updated and is blocking plug ins, but won't update. what do i do?

Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe reader keeps saying it needs to be updated and is blocking plug ins, but won't update. what do i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you doing when it says this? Are you clicking on a link in a browser by chance?

If so, what browser?

What OS and what version of Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When "blocked plug ins" comes up it says Adobe flash player is out of date and to download the flashplayer.  This brings me to an Adobe site to download and update, which it seems to let me do.  But then the plug ins continue to be blocked.  I have version 10.1.13.  I use a Mac.  That's all I know - my tech knowledge is limited!  Can you help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the blocked plugin is Flash Player, then you need to update Flash Player, not Adobe Reader.

Here is a download link: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked - THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when i try to go to the download link, it flashes for an instant and stays on this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines