• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open a Book or De-authorize Computer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for yet another thread on this, but I am hoping a new thread can direct my specific issue.

• When I try to open an eBook, i get the following error:  Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY
  • When I try to un-athorize my computer, it says I am not able to at the time.
  • Others have suggested manually removing the authorization, but "/Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions" does not exist. See SS below

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 9.45.26 AM.png

• I have tried uninstalling along with removing all files I could find related to digital editions.  I emptied my trash and reset my computer prior to reinstalling.  Still have the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I use yosemite.  Downgraded from 4.0 to 3.0.  Same symptom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you are looking at a wrong location. Please refer to the Screenshot below (Shared both wrong and correct path).

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.38.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.37.46 PM.png

Hope this solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently the default in yosemite (compared to what I was used to in Leopard) is to HIDE the library folder.  So I didn't think the path above existed.

Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.

The default view of the ~/Library folder is hidden. So while hidden you can't navigate to the activation.dat file in a finder window.

You can either "GO TO FOLDER ~/LIBRARY" or just make it visible permanently.

You do this by entering within Terminal  the following command and press Return:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Now you will see ~/Library.   (~ is shorthand for your login username for the linux naive).

This resolved the immediate issue (of E_ACT_NOT_READY).  But as seen in other postings, ADE 4.0 crashed after loading a acsm file.   I downgraded to ADE 3.0 and life is good again.   It all used to work with my old system running ADE 2.0 and leopard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines